- Do I have to be permanently disabled to get benefits?
- As long as your condition prevents you from working for at least a year you can file, whether the disability is permanent or not.
- How long do I have to be disabled before I can apply?
- You don’t have to wait. Once your conditions prevent you from working a full-time job you can apply.
- Why does Social Security look at my age when I am disabled?
- If you are between the ages of 18-49 you will have to prove your condition prevents you from holding any full-time job. Once you are 50, there are special rules that apply which may only require you to show that your specific condition prevents you from performing the work you have done in the past 15 years.
- How does Social Security determine how much I will receive?
- SSDI benefit amounts are determined by how many work credits you have from previous employment and your previous income so it will be different for everyone. The average monthly benefit is around $1,200/month.
1. Types of Info Collected
We collect two types of information about our users: Non-Personally Identifiable (“Anonymous”) Information and Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”)
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) is any information that personally identifies you, such as your name, email address or your telephone number. This personal information may be requested when you fill out an online inquiry, obtain services from DF50P, subscribe to our email newsletter, or when you contact us. We may ask you to provide us with personal information on a voluntary basis in certain areas of our Website. Examples of the types of PII you may be asked to provide include: “Contact Data,” such as your name, phone numbers, mailing address and e-mail addresses, “Demographic Data,” such as your age or birthday, gender, and zip code, “Financial Data,” such as limited information about work history, income amounts, and benefits history, and “Medical Data,” such as the limited information about the type of condition that may be causing your disability and your history of doctor visits. Additionally, we may purchase and manage opt-in lists generated by third parties that DF50P may use to supplement the PII you provide with additional PII gathered from public or third-party sources. You are under no obligation to provide PII, with the caveat that your refusal to do so may prevent you from using or DF50P from offering certain of the services offered on the Website.
DF50P does not request and asks that you do not provide any confidential, proprietary or sensitive PII (“Sensitive Information”), such as Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, credit card information, bank account or other financial information. If you submit any Sensitive Information, you do so at your own risk and we will not be liable to you or responsible for consequences of your submission.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon where you visit on our site in several ways. This information is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. This information may include the website’s Uniform Resource Locator (“URL“) that you just came from, which URL you next go to, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (“IP“) address. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web, allowing web servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers require IP addresses in order for users to communicate on the Internet.
2. Collection Methods and Use of Information
We do not collect any Personally Identifiable Information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. You provide certain Personally Identifiable Information to us when you (a) register for our services and register your e-mail address with us; (b) enter sweepstakes or contests sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) sign up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) send e-mail messages, submit forms or transmit other information by telephone or letter; or (e) submit your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on our site. We may also collect information from you at other points on our site that state that such information is being collected.
In addition, we may also collect, or our third party ad server and/or content server may collect, certain Non-Personally Identifiable Information. This information is ultimately stored in the form of, in some cases, specific URLs. We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our servers, software, to administer our site and to gather demographic information. Our third party ad servers will also provide us with summary, but not individual, reports that will tell us how many ads were presented and clicked upon at our site.
Anonymous Information and Third Party Advertisers
We may use an outside ad serving company to display banner advertisements on our site. As part of their service, they will place a separate cookie on your computer. We will not provide any third-party ad server with any of your Personally Identifiable Information or information about your correspondence with us. We and our third party ad server will collect and use Anonymous Information about you, such as your IP address, browser type, the server your computer is logged onto, the area code and zip code associated with your server and whether you responded to a particular ad. Other advertisers may also place banner ads on our site in the same manner as above, but we will not disclose any Personally Identifiable Information to them.
4. Disclosure Practices
Release of Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent your Personally Identifiable Information to others. We do provide some of our services through contractual arrangements with affiliates, services providers, partners and other third parties. We and our service partners use your Personally Identifiable Information to operate our sites and to deliver their services. For example, we must release your credit card information to the card-issuing bank to confirm payment for products and services purchased on this site; release your address information to the delivery service to deliver information via mail; and provide order information to third parties that help us provide customer service.
We will encourage our service partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your Personally Identifiable Information by our service partners is governed by the privacy policies of those service partners, and is not subject to our control.
Information sharing: We may share personally identifying information to other companies or individuals in any of the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- If you have an account, we may share the information submitted under your account among all of our services in order to provide you with a seamless experience and to improve the quality of our services. We will not disclose your account information to other people or non-affiliated companies, except in the limited circumstances described in this Policy or with your consent.
- We may store and process personal information collected on our site in Canada or any other country in which DF50P or its agents maintain facilities. By using our services, you consent to the transfer of your information among these facilities, including those located outside your country.
- This Website may use third party service providers to serve ads and emails on our behalf. These companies may use technologies to measure the effectiveness of ads and emails and use information about your visits to this Website so that we can provide a better search experience to you. For this purpose, we may also provide these third parties service providers anonymous information about your site navigation.
- We may share certain information about you with carefully selected business partners, including those who may offer services that complement those provided by us or which we believe may be of interest to you. We may also disclose information to third parties who assist us in providing our services to you. For example, we may engage third parties to make improvements on our site, to offer new products, and to allow us to customize your experience on the site.
Information You Make Public.
The Website may contain features that permit you to upload, post, transmit, display, perform or distribute content and information, including your PII and Sensitive Information. Any information that you choose to disclose by means of such features becomes public information over which DF50P is unable to exercise control. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your PII and Sensitive Information by means of such features, and you agree to assume all responsibility for doing so.
5. Information Security
For DF50P, the protection of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is of utmost concern to us and we attempt to keep our PII secure consistent with current industry standards. We take appropriate and reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to your personally identifying information to employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this site cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
6. Children’s Privacy
Disabilityfor50plus.com does not knowingly request or collect personally identifiable information online or offline contact information from users under 13 years of age nor do we knowingly use or share personal information from users under 13 years of age with third parties.
7. Sale of Assets
In the event that another company acquires all or substantially all of the assets related to the business of Disabilityfor50plus.com, we reserve the right to include any or all stored personal information among the assets transferred to the acquiring company.
8. Access to Information and Correction
You have the right to know about the personal information that Disabilityfor50plus.com Services holds about you. You also have the right to correct, amend, or delete the information that Disabilityfor50plus.com Services has on file if it is incorrect. If you wish to exercise these rights please contact us by postal mail at the addresses below.
3397 Coon Rapids Blvd NW, Suite 100
Minneapolis, MN 55433
9. Special Notices to California Residents
Terms and Conditions
1. Acknowledgment and Acceptance of Terms
2. Description of Services
You understand and agree that temporary interruptions of the services available through this site may occur as normal events. You further understand and agree that we have no control over third party networks you may access in the course of the use of this site, and therefore, delays and disruption of other network transmissions are completely beyond our control.
You understand and agree that the services available on this site are provided “AS IS” and that we assume no responsibility for the timeliness, accuracy, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings.
The information provided on the site is not intended as legal, tax, insurance, investment, financial planning or medical advice or counsel. Visitors to the site are solely responsible for obtaining such professional services as they deem necessary or advisable. All of the information provided on the site, such as advice, messages, forum postings and any other material provided on the site are for informational purposes only and are not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your health. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it due to information provided on this site.
3. Conduct on Site
Your use of the site is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. You are solely responsible for the content of your communications through the site. By posting information in or otherwise using any communications service, forum, message board, newsgroup, software library, or other interactive service that may be available to you on or through this site, you agree that you will not upload, share, post, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content — including text, communications, software, images, sounds, data or other information — that:
- Is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals), or otherwise violates our rules or policies;
- Victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, military status (former or current), or disability;
- Infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other proprietary right of any party;
- Constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (also known as “spam“), chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling, including posting links to such content;
- Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party, including posting links to such content; or
We provide the service on an “as is” basis and grant no warranties of any kind, expressed, implied or statutory, in any communication with our representatives, or us or otherwise with respect to the service. We specifically disclaim any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Further, we do not warrant that your use of the service will be secure, uninterrupted, always available or error-free, or that the service will meet your requirements or that any defects in the service will be corrected. We disclaim liability for, and no warranty is made with respect to, connectivity and availability
This site could include technical or other mistakes, inaccuracies or typographical errors. We may make changes to the materials and services at this site, including the prices and descriptions of any products listed herein, at any time without notice. The materials or services at this site may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such materials or services.
The use of the services or the downloading or other acquisition of any materials through this site is done at your own discretion and risk and with your agreement that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from such activities.
Through your use of the site, you may have the opportunities to engage in commercial transactions with other users and vendors. You acknowledge that all transactions relating to any merchandise or services offered by any party, including, but not limited to the purchase terms, payment terms, warranties, guarantees, maintenance and delivery terms relating to such transactions, are agreed to solely between the seller or purchaser of such merchandize and services and you.
We make no warranty regarding any transactions executed through, or in connection with this site, and you understand and agree that such transactions are conducted entirely at your own risk. Any warranty that is provided in connection with any products, services, materials, or information available on or through this site from a third party is provided solely by such third party, and not by us or any other of our affiliates.
5. Third Party Sites and Information
This site may link you to other sites on the Internet or otherwise include references to information, documents, software, materials and/or services provided by other parties. These sites may contain information or material that some people may find inappropriate or offensive. These other sites and parties are not under our control, and you acknowledge that we are not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency, or any other aspect of the content of such sites, nor are we responsible for errors or omissions in any references to other parties or their products and services. The inclusion of such a link or reference is provided merely as a convenience and does not imply endorsement of, or association with, the site or party by us, or any warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
6. Account Registration, Data, and Privacy
A separate account and password may be required to access some of the services of this site. This account and password can be obtained by completing our online registration form, which requests certain information and data. Maintaining and updating your registration data may be required. By registering, you agree that all information provided in the registration data is true and accurate and that you will maintain and update this information as required in order to keep it current, complete, and accurate.
7. User’s Materials
Please do not submit confidential or proprietary information to us unless we have mutually agreed in writing otherwise. We are also unable to accept your unsolicited ideas or proposals, so please do not submit them to us in any circumstance.
We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. If you or any user of this site believes its copyright, trademark or other property rights have been infringed by a posting on this site, you or the user should send notification to our Designated Agent (as identified below) immediately. To be effective, the notification must include:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be subject to infringing activity and that is to be removed and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the materials;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringing. Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, our Designated Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as indicated below. Service of repeat infringers of copyright or of users about whom repeat claims of copyright infringement are received will be terminated.
Designated Agent for Claimed Infringement: Legal Department
3397 Coon Rapids Blvd, Suite 100, Minneapolis, MN 55433
You acknowledge and agree that upon receipt of a notice of a claim of copyright infringement, we may immediately remove the identified materials from our site without liability to you or any other party.
8. Use of Site and Storage of Material
You acknowledge that we may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the services available on our site, including without limitation the maximum number of days that uploaded content will be retained on the site, the maximum disk space that will be allotted on our servers on your behalf, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access the services in a given period of time. You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any content maintained or transmitted on or through this site. You acknowledge that we reserve the right to remove or log off accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that we reserve the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in our sole discretion, with or without notice.
The accounts of our users operate on shared resources. Excessive use or abuse of these shared network resources by one user may have a negative impact on all other users. Misuse of network resources in a manner that impairs network performance, including excessive consumption of CPU time, memory, disk space, and session time, is prohibited and may result in termination of your account or limitation of your activities.
This site is not designed or intended to be used as a disaster recovery facility or as an emergency data storage facility. Although we take reasonable precautions to preserve and protect the material you upload to the site, you should not rely on the site as your only storage facility. You should preserve backup copies of any digital data, information or other materials that you have uploaded. You agree not to hold us liable for any damage to, misappropriation of, any deletion of or any failure to store your files, data or Registration Data.
9. Security and Password
You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and for any and all statements made and acts or omissions that occur through the use of your password and account, including any messages sent. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not gain access to your password and account. Our personnel will never ask you for your password. You may not transfer or share your account with anyone, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate your account in the event of any unauthorized transfer or sharing thereof.
10. Intellectual Property Information
This site contains many of the valuable trademarks, names, titles, logos, images, designs, copyrights and other proprietary materials owned, registered and used by DisabilityFor50Plus.com, LLC®.
Neither we nor our Affiliates warrant or represent that your use of materials displayed on, or obtained through, this site will not infringe the rights of third parties. See “User’s Materials“ above for a description of the procedures to be followed in the event that any party believes that content posted on this site infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party.
Some of the ideas, software and processes incorporated into services that are available on this site or described on this site are protected by patents and may also be protected by patent applications pending in the United States and selected foreign jurisdictions.
Upon a request by us, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us and our Affiliates harmless from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorney’s fees, that arise from your use or misuse of this site. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses.
12. Termination of Use
13. Limitation of Liability
14. International Use
We make no representation that materials on this site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside of the United States. This Site is intended for use in the United States only. Accessing the materials where the contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiatives and are responsible for compliance with local laws. Any offer for any product, service, and/or information made in connection with this site is void where prohibited.
15. Choice of Law and Forum
16. Alternative Dispute Resolution
The provisions of this agreement are severable and to the extent that any provision herein is determined by court order, law, or rule to be invalid, such invalidity shall in no way affect nor invalidate the other provisions.
18. Entire Agreement
19. Links to Other Websites
20. Consent to Electronic Communication
By clicking "I agree to the terms & conditions" and submitting my request, I consent to the terms of this website and for Premier Disability Services, LLC (DisabilityFor50Plus.com) to contact me, for the purpose of completing a free disability evaluation, by email, landline or wireless phone, and/or text messages at any phone number or email address provided (message/data rates may apply). I understand:
- An auto dialer may be used and contain pre-recorded messages.
- This authorization overrides any previous registrations on a federal or state Do No Call registry but only for Premier Disability, LLC and DisabilityFor50Plus.com.
- Consent is not required to utilize these services and my contact information is confidential, secure and will never be shared or sold.
- I have the right to opt-out at any time from receiving electronic communications from Premier Disability by (a) following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each communication; or (b) sending mail to:
3397 Coon Rapids Blvd NW, Suite 100
Minneapolis, MN 55433
21. Statement of Ongoing Consent
You hereby agree and acknowledge that your submission of an online request constitutes your ongoing consent for DisabilityFor50Plus.com to contact you, electronically or otherwise, both now and in the future to notify you about potential offers, follow up, or to address customer service issues. You have the right to opt-out of receiving communications at any time by (a) following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each communication; or (b) sending mail to:
3397 Coon Rapids Blvd NW, Suite 100
Minneapolis, MN 55433